Cadbury Creme Egg
Yield: 2 Servings
1/2 c light corn syrup
1/4 c butter,softened
1 t vanilla
1/4 t salt
3 c powdered sugar
4 dr yellow food coloring
2 dr red food coloring
1 12 ounce bag milk chocolate
2 T vegetable shortening
1. Combine the corn syrup, butter, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl.
Beat well with an electric mixer until smooth.
2. Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, mixing by hand after each
addition. Mix well until creamy.
3. Remove about 1/3 of the mixture and place it into a small bowl. Add
the yellow and red food coloring and stir well to combine.
4. Cover both mixtures and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until
5. When mixtures are firm, roll a small, marble-size ball from the
orange filling, and wrap around it a portion of the white filling that is
roughly twice the size. Form this filling into the shape of an egg and place it
onto a cookie sheet that has been brushed with a light coating of shortening.
Repeat for the remaining filling ingredients, then refrigerate these centers for 3-4
hours or until firm.
6. Combine the milk chocolate chips with the shortening in a glass or
ceramic bowl. Microwave chocolate on high speed for 1 minute, then stir
and microwave again for 1 more minute, and stir.
7. Use a fork to dip each center into the chocolate, tap the fork on
the side of the bowl, then place each candy onto wax paper. Chill.
8. After 1-2 hours of chilling, dip each candy once more and chill for
several hours, or until completely firm.