The best educated dentists in the world,
delivering the best quality dentistry,
using the best products and technology.
General Dentistry Circulation and Demographics
General Dentistry, the peer-reviewed journal of the Academy of General Dentistry
General Dentistry, the premier peer-reviewed journal from the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), presents
the latest advances in science, pharmacology, dental materials, and technology, and the Dental Article Review and
Testing (DART) program for continuing dental education.
AGD members ..............................................35,008
Additional paid subscribers
(General dentists, medical
and dental libraries)....................................... 2,118
Circulation verification is available through sworn statement and postal service mailing statement.
General Dentistry readers are prime purchasers of dental equipment, products, and services. Respondents in
the most recent survey of readers represent the following demographics:
• 84 percent have been practicing dentistry a median of 18 years.
• 54 percent are in solo private practice; 25 percent are in group practice with two to three dentists.
• On average, the total number of people employed in their offices is 11; three are dentists.
• They have busy practices, treating a median of 89 patients per week.
• Median gross practice income is $638,461; it’s higher at $729,687 for the under age 36 group.
• 40 percent access the Internet at least once a day.
By joining the AGD, members have identified the importance of advanced education for their practice. General
Dentistry is their primary member benefit and educational tool. The clinical and scientific articles help advance
the profession, and practicing dentists, academicians, and research specialists gain tremendous prestige when their
articles are accepted for publication.
The bi-monthly peer-reviewed journal has earned tremendous reader satisfaction and loyalty:
• Importance: 80 percent of members consi