LANrev Agent Customization
!is document describes how to customize the LANrev Agent before deployment. Agents for both plat-
forms are customized in the same way. For easier description if we refer to “preferences” in this document
we talk about keys in the “com.poleposition-sw.lanrev_agent.plist” file for the Mac OS X and about registry
settings on Windows.
!e preference settings can be found in these locations:
• Mac OS X: /Library/Preferences/com.poleposition-sw.lanrev_agent.plist
• Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Pole Position Software\LANrev Agent
Here is how the LANrev agent retrieves preference values:
1. !e LANrev Agent tries to read the value from the preferences.
If the normal preferences are not found, the agent will try to read the value from the
“DefaultDefaults.plist” default preferences file.
If that file is not found either, the agent will use fallback preference values that are hardcoded in the
!e LANrev Agent can be customized by modifying an XML file called “DefaultDefaults.plist”. You can find
the file in the following locations inside the installer package or folder:
• Mac OS X : LANrev Agent.pkg/Contents/Resources/DefaultDefaults.plist
• Windows: LANrev Agent\DefaultDefaults.plist
During the installation, the “DefaultDefaults.plist” file is transfered to the newly created “LANrev Agent” di-
On Mac OS X you can edit this file with the Property List Editor or any text editor, on Windows you can use
any text editor.
Most of the keys are already present in the “DefaultDefaults.plist” file with their default values. Additional
keys can be inserted.
!e text in parenthesis for the key type is the value type used in the Windows registry (e.g. DWORD).
!e following list is a description of all keys that are supported in the “DefaultDefaults.plist” file:
• Network settings
• Preference panel and control panel settings
• Agent configuration settings
• Server settings
• Inventory settings
Copyright 2005 Pole Position