- 1 -
BROAN MFG. CO., INC.
926 W. State St. Hartford, WI 53027
- 2 -
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELEC-
TRICAL SHOCK, OR INJURY TO PER-
SONS, OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Use this unit only in the manner intended
by the manufacturer. If you have ques-
tions, contact the manufacturer at the
address or telephone number listed in the
2. Before servicing or cleaning unit, switch
power off at service panel and lock ser-
vice panel to prevent power from being
switched on accidentally. When the ser-
vice disconnecting means cannot be
locked, securely fasten a prominent
warning device, such as a tag, to the ser-
3. Installation work and electrical wiring
must be done by a qualified person(s) in
accordance with all applicable codes and
standards, including fire-rated construc-
tion codes and standards.
4. Sufficient air is needed for proper com-
bustion and exhausting of gases through
the flue (chimney) of fuel burning equip-
ment to prevent backdrafting. Follow the
heating equipment manufacturer’s guide-
lines and safety standards such as those
published by the National Fire Protection
Association (NFPA), and the American
Society for Heating, Refrigeration and Air
Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), and
the local code authorities.
5. When cutting or drilling into wall or ceil-
ing, do not damage electrical wiring and
other hidden utilities.
6. Ducted fans must always be vented to
7. Do not use this unit with any solid-state
speed control device.
8. To reduce the risk of fire, use only steel
9. This unit must be grounded.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF A RANGE TOP
1. Keep fan, filters and grease laden sur-
2. Always turn hood ON when cooking at
3. Use high range settings on range only
when necessary. Heat oil slowly on low
to medium setting.
4. Don’t leave range unattended when cook-
5. Always use cookware and utensils ap-
propriate for the type and amount of food