Remote Desktop Sharing
Quick Reference Guide for Moderators
The Moderator or a Participant may request control of another
participant’s desktop at anytime during a session. Both the person
requesting control and the person being requested must have
application sharing permission.
To Request Control of a Participant’s Desktop
1. Select the participant in the Participants’ window fromwhom you
wish to request desktop control.
2. Right-click (Control-click for Mac users) on the participant’s
name and select Request Desktop Control from the context
3. The Participant will receive a message indicating someone has
requested control. The participant can:
a. Accept by clicking Yes
b. Refuse by clicking No
c. Select Allow all other requests until I quit and
then click Yes
d. Add a Password and then click Yes
4. You will now have control of the Participants desktop.
Confirmation that you are remotely controlling the
Application Sharing session is the presence of a magenta
border in the Application Sharing window. This border is
displayed to you (the remote controller) only.
Return Control of a Participant’s Desktop
The participant can take control back by selecting the Ctrl key plus
the Space bar or by click the
button located in the tool bar.
The participant controlling the application can give control back by
Request Control of Shared Applications
If you give control of the shared application back to the participant
and later wish to gain control again:
1. Select the participant in the Participants’ window.
2. Right-click and select Request Control of Shared
Terminate Remote Desktop Sharing
There are two ways to stop Remote Desktop Sharing:
1. Select the Participant’s name, right-click and select
Terminate Remote Desktop Sharing.
2. The Participant may also choose to stop the application
sharing session by clicking the
• A Participant can always refuse to give control over their