EMPLOYMENT AND ARBITRATION AGREEMENT
This Employment Agreement is entered into as of , 2006 (the “Effective Date”), by and between World Heart
Inc, (“COMPANY”), and Petrus Jansen (“Employee”).
WHEREAS , COMPANY desires to employ Employee as of the Effective Date and Employee desires to
accept employment with COMPANY on the terms and conditions set forth below.
NOW, THEREFORE , in consideration of the foregoing recital and the respective covenants and agreements of
the parties contained in this document, COMPANY and Employee agree as follows:
Employment and Duties . During the Employment Period (as defined in paragraph 2 below), Employee will be
performing all applicable duties customary to his position on behalf of COMPANY. The duties of Employee
shall include, but not be limited to, the position of Chief Medical Officer (CMO):
· Responsible for acting as the medical liaison between World Heart Corporation and the medical
community. This pertains to heart failure cardiologists and cardiac surgeons active in the field of Ventricular
Assist Devices (VAD).
· Most senior executive responsible for the overall clinical trials/research and data collection functions.
Interacts with various inside/outside groups to oversee clinical trials research.
· Participate in FDA interactions in support of WorldHeart’s Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) studies
and active development projects.
· Partner with Key Opinion Leaders to enhance therapy adoption of VADs as an alternative for end stage
heart failure patients. Attend major medical conventions in order to obtain information pertinent to
· Responsible for clinical training programs ensuring that WorldHeart products are used according to product
labeling and instructions for use. Foster best demonstrated practices with VADs to improve clinical
· Reports to the President and CEO and