GROUP: MASTER MIND
MOHD MURAD AWANG
MOHD REDZUAN BIN RAZALI
A noun is the name of a person, place,
thing, or idea. Whatever exists, we
assume, can be named, and that name
is a noun.
• Is a name which is used for all things of the same
kind or class.
• Example: the name “boy may be given to any an
everybody such as to Murad, Kasim, Tashrif etc.
• It does not belong especially to one particular
• It is a name common to all boys.
• It does not give the own name of the boy we are
talking about. The word boy is therefore called a
Example of common nouns.
• Child, Teacher, man, women, school, river, sea,
university, Pen, Hill, town, toilet, girl, house
• A Proper Noun is the name of one particular
person or thing.
• Example: Robert is a boy’s own special name .
• It does not belong to all boys
• The word ‘Proper’ mean one’s own so that
Robert is call A ‘Proper nouns’ .
• In same way the name’city ‘ is common noun
but the name ‘Kuala Lumpur ‘ which is the
special name of a city is a proper noun.
(NAMES WHICH BELONG TO ALL)
**The first letter of a proper noun is always a capital.
• Is the name of a quality, action or condition, that
is, something that we cannot see or touch.
• It is the name of a thing that we can only think of
Example: The thing called ‘music’ is something that
we cannot see or touch. It is the thing that we
can only think of or feel. The name music is
therefore an abstract noun. Other abstract nouns
are : love, joy, kindness, honesty, hope, darkness,
distance, sadness, and etc.