CITY OF CAMAS
Union Status: Represented
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the
class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Under administrative direction, to direct, manage, supervise and coordinate the activities and operations
of the Building Division within the Public Works Department including the enforcement of Uniform
Building, Mechanical and Plumbing Codes; to determine permit fees and direct the collection of all fees
associated with new construction permits; to coordinate assigned activities with other divisions,
departments and outside agencies; and to provide highly responsible and complex administrative support
to the Public Works Director/City Engineer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION STATEMENTS
The following tasks are typical for positions in this classification. Any single position may not perform all of these
tasks and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here:
1. Assume management responsibility for assigned services and activities of the Building Division
including but not limited to the enforcement of Uniform Building, Mechanical and Plumbing Codes.
2. Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and
priorities for assigned programs; recommend and administer policies and procedures.
3. Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures;
recommend, within departmental policy, appropriate service and staffing levels.
4. Plan, direct, coordinate and review the work plan for building inspection and plans examination staff;
assign work activities, projects and programs; review and evaluate work products, methods and
procedures; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems.
5. Review plans, specifications and supporting designs and calculations to verify compliance with
building, mechanical and plumbing codes.