How to tackle Chronic Bacterial Vaginosis
Only sufferers of chronic bacterial vaginosis will know that it is a very unpleasant complaint that women suffer
from. Bacterial vaginosis is a very common complaint of the vagina. It affects one in every three women.
1. Only a small percentage of these ladies suffer from chronic bacterial vaginosis. There are many
symptoms are associated with this condition. Woman could suffer from non-or all of the common
2. The common symptoms are vaginal discharge that could be yellow, white or grey in color. The discharge
may or may not be accompanied by foul odor. The odor could be fishy or musty. Another possible
symptom is itchy sensation in the vagina. Some women might suffer from the symptom more as
compared to others while some might not have any itching complaint at all.
3. If a woman is suffering from the symptom, there is a high probability that she would get a swollen vagina.
People who suffer from chronic bacterial vaginosis might suffer from nasty pain in the stomach just like
menstrual cramps. Another common symptom would be a burning sensation when you urinate. Those
who suffer from chronic bacterial vaginosis would want to get rid of the problem as fast as they can.
They have a number of options.
4. Usually, women who face the symptoms mentioned above consult their doctors. Doctors usually
prescribe antibiotics that are to be taken for about a week. The whole course has to be completed for
desired results. Without doubt, antibiotics will tackle bacterial vaginosis but the way they do it is a
problem. Bacterial vaginosis is caused due to an over growth of bad bacteria i.e. gardnerella, in the
5. When the population of the good bacteria i.e. lactobacillus, becomes a minority the vagina gets inflamed.
This inflammation is known as bacterial vaginosis. Antibiotics end up killing the good as well as bad
bacteria in the vagina. This upsets the chemical balance.
6. Once the sufferer stops taking antibiotics, there is a high probability o