https://www.caringsupport.com/Caring Support serves as a central resource for healthcare workers and employers to easily connect and communicate, accelerating and simplifying the hiring process while saving time and money.
All About Medical Lab Technician Jobs
Not all healthcare careers require direct interaction with patients. You can have a
positive impact on people’s lives while still working behind the scenes! One of these
careers is a Medical Lab Technician, or MLT, known to be one of the most important
team members in the medical lab. Their responsibility is to collect, test and evaluate
sample results that are ordered by the doctor.
For students who are looking to take this path and work as a medical lab tech, you must
be able to work in a team with physicians and scientists, be detail-oriented and follow
In this article we will be talking about medical lab technician job duties and
responsibilities, skills and qualifications required, and much more.
Medical Lab Technician Duties
A Medical Lab Technician's job is to perform lab tests and procedures ordered by
doctors to detect all types of abnormalities and medical conditions.
Here are some of the duties and responsibilities of a Medical Lab Technician:
• Sanitize and clean laboratory equipment
• Perform tests on tissues, blood, and other body fluids
• Assist physicians with diagnosis and treatments of diseases
• Match blood compatibility for transfusions
Issue reports with recorded test data
• Analyze fluid chemical content
• Collect blood, tissues, and body fluids from patients
• Maintain a clean environment and ensure all safety guidelines are strictly
followed at all times.
Medical Laboratory Technician
(MLT) Soft Skills
A medical lab technician job requires several skills to be able to succeed in this career
and to effectively perform their daily duties. Including the hard skills learned in school,
all medical techs should acquire the following soft skills to become successful medical
• Active Listening - Can communicate with coworkers and understand the
instructions given to you; you will need to have excellent listening skills to
• Critical Thinking