COMMERCIAL CLAIM DOCUMENTATION
This list of supporting documentation is intended to be illustrative, but not exclusive.
It is up to each claimant to determine what documentation best supports his/her
1. Federal income tax returns and all supporting schedules for the years
2007 through 2009.
2. Copies of letters of business cancellations caused by spill damage.
3. Financial statements for January 2007 through the present.
4. Statements from claimant or witnesses on how the spill led to loss of
income or earning capacity; explain any earning anomalies.
5. Business Plan and projections for the affected business as well as profits
and economic forecasts of similarly situated business in the same
6. Monthly income statements (profit & loss) by department with details of
all revenues and expenses by category from January 2007 through the
7. Daily and monthly occupancy reports and rates by property from
January 2007 through the present.
8. State sales and lodging tax returns from January 2009 through the
9. Accounting of revenues and commissions paid or earned.
10. A sample of current agreements between the property management
company and the unit owner.
11. Monthly cancellation reports/logs
including the renter contact
information, cancel date, anticipated arrival date, unit code and reason
for cancellation from April 2010 through present.
12. Payroll journals reflecting gross wages by employee for each pay period
ended March 15, 2010, through the present.
13. Description of accounting policies and a statement as to the basis of
accounts preparation: is it cash, management or stat accounts
14. Any insurances the company may have already, e.g. business
15. Information on any offsetting cancellation fee (e.g. 90% return of rental
and lose 10%)
16. Documentation, including accounting records, of actual revenue losses
incurred, additional costs and expenses incurred, including costs to
mitigate damage, and any discontinue