<p>Full file at http://testbank360.eu/test-bank-geosystems-7th-edition-christopherson
Geosystems, 7e (Christopherson)
Chapter 2 Solar Energy to Earth and the Seasons
2.1 Multiple Choice Questions
1) Our planet and our lives are powered by
A) energy derived from inside Earth.
B) radiant energy from the Sun.
C) utilities and oil companies.
D) shorter wavelengths of gamma rays, X-rays, and ultraviolet.
2) Which of the following is true?
A) The Sun is the largest star in the Milky Way Galaxy.
B) The Milky Way is part of our Solar System.
C) The Sun produces energy through fusion processes.
D) The Sun is also a planet.
3) Which of the following is false?
A) The planets orbit the Sun, and the Sun and Solar System are part of the Milky Way Galaxy.
B) The Sun produces energy through fusion.
C) The Sun is by far the largest star in the Milky Way Galaxy.
D) The Sun is average in color, temperature, and size when compared to other stars.
4) Which of the following is true about the Milky Way galaxy in which we live?
A) It is a spiral-shaped galaxy.
B) It is one of millions of galaxies in the universe.
C) It contains approximately 400 billion stars.
D) All of the above are true.
E) Only A and B are true.
5) Which of the following is not true of galaxies?
A) They are made of billions of stars.
B) Their size is measured in tens of thousands of light years.
C) A typical galaxy, such as the Milky Way, is about 5 billion miles in diameter.
D) Great clouds of gas and dust known as nebula occur within galaxies.
Full file at http://testbank360.eu/test-bank-geosystems-7th-edition-christopherson
6) The planetesimal hypothesis pertains to the formation of the
D) ocean basins.
7) The planets in the solar system are believed to have formed as a result of a process known as __________