P.O. Box 858, 51 King Street East
Brockville, Ontario – K6V 5W1
(613) 3422312 Fax (613) 3422875
This introductory skillsbased program equips individuals with the essential skills required
to process many of the transactions found in business today. Emphasis is placed on an
understanding of basic accounting principles, technical computer skills, and customer service
skills to offer the best advantage in the competitive labour market.
By the end of the program students will be able to:
• Explain the functions of basic accounting and general bookkeeping
• Demonstrate an introductorylevel of understanding of the accounting cycle and Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Process transactions (A/R, A/P, petty cash, inventory) and prepare month end reports
• Demonstrate introductorylevel skills with both manual journals and computerized
• Wordprocess general office correspondence and accountingrelated documents
• Create and manage spreadsheets that contain formulas and functions
• Source and sort data using a database application
• Demonstrate introductorylevel skills with presentation and publishing applications
• Access information via the Internet and correspond via email
• Operate a variety of office equipment and machines
• Model a customer friendly attitude and demonstrate effective customer service skills
This course is delivered through onetoone instruction with a series of roleplays,
video assignments, practical applications, written and computerized assignments.
Individuals will be evaluated on participation, attitude, attendance, and outcomes of
assignments and tests.
Commonly a 32week program; however content and duration can be modified to suit the
needs of individual students. Program schedule consists of 4hour sessions, 5 days per week.
Continuous intake throughout t