CCNA 3 Module 5 V4.0
1. Which two statements are true about the default operation of STP in a Layer 2
switched environment that has redundant connections between switches? (Choose
The root switch is the switch with the highest speed ports.
*Decisions on which port to block when two ports have equal cost depend on the port
priority and identity.
All trunking ports are designated and not blocked.
Root switches have all ports set as root ports.
* Non-root switches each have only one root port.
2. Which two statements describe the BIDs used in a spanning tree topology? (Choose
They are sent out by the root bridge only after the inferior BPDUs are sent.
*They consist of a bridge priority and MAC address.
Only the root bridge will send out a BID.
*They are used by the switches in a spanning tree topology to elect the root bridge.
The switch with the fastest processor will have the lowest BID.
3. In which two ways is the information that is contained in BPDUs used by switches?
to negotiate a trunk between switches
to set the duplex mode of a redundant link
*to identify the shortest path to the root bridge
to prevent loops by sharing bridging tables between connected switches
*to determine which ports will forward frames as part of the spanning tree
4. Which two actions does an RSTP edge port take if it receives a BPDU? (Choose
*immediately loses its edge status
inhibits the generation of a TCN
goes immediately to a learning state
*becomes a normal spanning-tree port
5. Refer to the exhibit. All switches in the network have empty MAC tables. STP has
been disabled on the switches in the network. How will a broadcast frame that is sent
by host PC1 be handled on the network?
Switch SW1 will block the broadcast and drop the frame.
*Switch SW1 will forward the broadcast out all switch ports, except the originating
port. This will generate an