CITY OF CAMAS
Union Status: Represented
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees
in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Under direction, to perform a variety of professional and technical accounting and financial reporting
functions supporting City-wide operations; to maintain the accuracy of the City’s ledgers and subsidiary
financial systems; to maintain accurate financial records and prepare various reports; and to ensure
reporting requirements are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION STATEMENTS
The following tasks are typical for positions in this classification. Any single position may not perform all
of these tasks and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here:
1. Perform a variety of professional and technical accounting and financial reporting functions;
maintain accuracy of general, revenue and expenditure ledgers and subsidiary financial
systems; ensure system transactions are recorded according to GAAP and State procedures.
2. Maintain accurate financial records; prepare the City’s Comprehensive Annual Financial
Report including required financial statements, schedules, notes and tables.
3. Prepare proprietary financial statements and schedules in compliance with GAAP
requirements; oversee accounting procedures for all proprietary operations within the City.
4. Provide assistance in the development of the annual budget; monitor budget activities;
forecast funds needed for City operations; assist in preparing the final budget document for
approval by City Council.
5. Coordinate the maintenance of fixed asset records and accounting including the periodic
physical inventory of assets.
6. Perform internal auditing of cash operations; ensure compliance with applicable financial
policies and procedures.
7. Maintain and coordinate grant accounting with other Cit