Casey Anthony Talking Points
• FIRST AND FOREMOST… I would like to make it clear that we are
not here to rejoice in today’s Grand Jury indictment…
o this is not a cause for celebration.
• We are, however, pleased that the ladies and gentlemen serving on that
jury were able to hear the evidence presented to them by State Attorney
Lamar and arrive at an informed conclusion based strictly on the
evidence that was presented to them…
• I want to thank our State Attorney and the members of his team which
worked closely with our investigators and who helped facilitate this
• I also want to thank the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, The
Federal Bureau of Investigation, and of course my Criminal Investigation
Division for the incredible job they have done and continue to do with
• Those investigators have already invested many, many hours in this case
to insure that all of the ‘I’s” were dotted and every “T” was crossed.
• And, despite the charges filed against Ms. Anthony today, I want to
remind everyone that we have not achieved our primary objective in this
o WE HAVE NOT LOCATED LITTLE CAYLEE ANTHONY.
• We, for the sake of Caylee’s grand parents, her loved ones, and those on
every level who have worked this case, will continue to do everything we
possibly can to recover little Caylee …
• Speaking strictly as a father… A day doesn’t pass where I wish the
evidence we have gathered in this case didn’t add up to the painfully
obvious… sadly, I can not change the facts surrounding this
• In closing I ask that those in our community who have taken the
disappearance of little Caylee personally, to respect the privacy of the
• The Grand Jury has concluded that little Caylee is deceased and their
daughter has been indicted in her death.