11 July 2005
Jean-Louis CARBONERO, STMicroelectronics
Meeting is recorded for Asia Working Group
• Meeting held at VTS 2005
• Question about PAR
• WG members
• How to work all together (Asia/USA/EU)
• Activities during the last months
• Work methodology
VTS Meeting Target
• Brainstorming on AMS extension for STIL
– What we should do ?
– Who should participate ?
– How should we work ?
What we should do ?
• AMS STIL
– Extension of IEEE STD 1450.0-1999 ?
– Extension to STDs and extensions ?
• IEEE STD 1450.2-2002
• All other extensions
– Especially CTL (dot6)
What we should do : Purpose Draft
• This effort will define structures in STIL to specify the
Analog and Mixed-Signal (AMS) stimuli and
acquisition with synchronization that are required for
the test of complex systems including AMS design
parts like for example System On Chip (SOC). This will
complement the IEEE Std 1450-1999 definition of
structures for specification on timing and format
information on Digital tester as well as the published
extension (dot2) for DC Level Specification.
What we should do : Scope Draft
• Define structures in STIL to specify the Analog and Mixed-Signal
stimuli and their synchronization (with both AMS and Digital
stimuli) to be applied on the Device Under Test (DUT) by the
– Stimuli are either in analog or digital format with DC
– Stimuli quality description will be defined in the structures
• Define structures in STIL to specify the acquisition of the DUT
Analog and Mixed-Signal responses and their synchronization
(with both AMS and Digital stimuli) by the tester.
– Response are either in analog or digital format with DC
– Required acquisition quality description will be defined in the
• Define signal treatment of the DUT responses to be done by the
• Analog stimuli and responses are in the range from DC to a few
GHz and Power could reach a few watts.
Who should participate