Top 10 Side Dishes for Dinner
The main dish may be the star of the dinner show but side dishes are members of the all-important supporting cast. When planning the dinner menu,
grain or potato based side dish recipes are often desired. When looking for recipe ideas, Continental offers a variety of side dishes that will
complement any meal and are delicious when prepared as instructed on the package or when enhanced with creative additions of your own choosing.
Some of these awesome side dish ideas include:
1. Macaroni & Cheese is popular with both kids and adults. Super saucy or cheesy bacon macaroni can be served with any main dish to round out the
2. Pastas with sauce are another favourite side dish choice. Bacon carbonara, sour cream & chives or alfredo are all good complements to a variety of
3. For a more exotic pasta option, try couscous from North Africa. Some types of couscous blends include Mediterranean Vegetables & Herbs and
Moroccan Spices, both of which go especially well with veal or lamb.
4. Rice is a diet staple around the world. Whether served as a side dish or used as the base for main dish recipe ideas, chicken, satay or oriental fried
rice each provides a versatile addition to any menu.
5. The rices of the world collection include Italian dun dried tomato & basil, Spanish roasted vegetables, Thai coconut & lime and Indian mild curry.
When looking for side dish recipes that add an international flavour to the meal, be sure to try these exotic rice dish ideas.
6. Aborio rice can be used to make risotto cheese & bacon or mushroom & garlic creamy rice options, which can be ready in just 20 minutes using
packaged side dish products.
7. Potatoes are a staple food in many areas around the world and are a popular dinner side dish. When time is short, serve either home style or
smooth & creamy potato mash with your main meal.
Other Side Dishes
8. Steamed vegetables are common as a side dish, usually served in addition to pasta, rice or potatoes.
9. Green salad is an