Center for Community Counseling Mission Statement:
To provide affordable mental health services to adults in Lane County with limited financial
resources. We are committed to promoting individual growth and change that improve the quali-
ty of family life and enhance the community in which we live.
Job Description for Development Coordinator
General Statement of Duties
Responsible for building and implementing a comprehensive, successful fund development program. Develop annual
goals and objectives, strategies and timelines and monitor progress against these goals. Coordinate the involvement of
Co-directors, Board of Directors, program staff and other volunteers in fundraising activities.
1. Implement and adapt the fund development plan and strategies to meet the budgeted and future resource needs of
Center for Community Counseling.
2. Provide fund development training and support to the Board of Directors, including serving as key staff liaison for
3. Pursue ongoing training and continuing education in field of development.
4. Develop communications plan to increase community visibility of Center for Community Counseling's services among
current, former and potential board members, donors, and volunteers.
5. Develop strategic relationships with contacts in print and broadcast media with the goal of securing positive coverage
6. Perform additional related duties as assigned by the Executive Directors.
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
ß Belief in Center for Community Counseling's mission; strong interest in improving community mental health.
ß Knowledge of components of comprehensive development and marketing programs
ß Proven success in multiple aspects of fundraising, including major gifts, grants and annual fund campaign
ß Outstanding communications skills (oral, written and graphic); error-free written product
ß Ability to manage multiple tasks, establish priorities, and meet deadlines
ß Excellent organizational skills
ß Computer proficiency