Baked Pork Chops
These spicy and moist pork chops are made with egg whites, evaporated skim
milk, a lively herb mixture, and no added fat.
6 lean center-cut pork chops, 1/2" thick
1 egg white
1 cup evaporated skim milk
3/4 cup cornflake crumbs
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
4 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons oregano
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Trim all fat from chops.
2. Beat egg white with evaporated skim milk. Place chops in milk mixture and let
stand for 5 minutes, turning chops once.
3. Meanwhile, mix together cornflake crumbs, bread crumbs, spices, and salt.
4. Spray a 9 x l3-inch baking pan with nonstick spray coating.
5. Remove chops from milk mixture. Coat all sides evenly with crumb mixture.
6. Place chops in pan and bake in 190º C oven for 20 minutes. Turn chops and
bake 15 minutes longer or until no pink remains.
NUTRITION INFO (per 4-ounce serving)
Fat: 7.3 g
Carbohydrates: 7.3 g
Protein: 23.6 g