Easy To Process Two Component Urethane System
What is this all about?
•Novel urethane solutions with many advantages over
•High performance solutions with applications for large,
small parts or very intricate
•Easy to use
•Significant productivity advantage
Traditional Two Component Urethane Processing
Prepolymer and Curative weights have to
Temperature of prepolymer and curative
important to control pot life.
Melting and handling of curatives.
Mixing critical to produce good parts.
Quick fill of molds before gel formation.
Polyurethane Prepolymer Processing
The 3Ps of $ucce$
• Automation & Productivity (waste mitigation)
• Longer Pot life & Quicker Demold time
• Simplified Mixing and Dispensing
• No Minimal or Capital Investment
• High Performance parts
• Defect free parts
• Very large parts possible
• Correct Ratio/Stoichiometry
• Minimize Health & Safety concerns
• Faster Worker Training
• Easier Handling
What if there were a product
that would fulfill all these
Why Adiprene® Duracast™ (?)
• Duracast™ and Duracure™ cures exhibit high performance
properties due to superior phase segregation
• Duracast™ solutions offer easy processing / handling
• Duracast™ Long pot life and quick demold, reduce waste and
• Duracast™ offers EH&S advantages (low free)
• MDI/BD requires processing expertise. TDI/MOCA have been
subject to significant pricing volatility and require greater EH&S
• “Total cost” improvement for processors
4 easy steps for Adiprene® Duracast™ processing
Roll Duracure Drum
Blend Duracast & Duracure in tank or hand mix.
Degas until head breaks (29in Hg)
Pour into hot mold and cure (few grams or several tons).
N2 in / N2
Semi Continuous Processin