TENNESSEE DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENT AND CONSERVATION
DIVISION OF RADIOLOGICAL HEALTH
NOTICE TO EMPLOYEES
In “STATE REGULATIONS FOR PROTECTION AGAINST RADIATION”, the Tennessee Department of
Environment and Conservation has established standards for your protection against radiation hazards and certain
provisions for the option of workers engaged in work under licenses or registrations issued by the Department.
YOUR EMPLOYERS RESPONSIBILITY
Your employer is required to-
1. Apply these regulations to work under the
license or registration. Licenses and Certified
Registrations contain special conditions, which
shall be considered in addition to
2. Post or otherwise make available to you a copy
of the Regulations, licenses, registrations, and
operating procedures which apply to work in
which you are engaged, and explain their
provisions to you.
3. Post any written notice from the Department that
the Regulations have been violated and response
to such notice.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AS A WORKER
You should familiarize yourself with those provisions
of the Regulations, and the operating procedures
which apply to the work in which you are engaged.
You should observe their provisions for your own
protection and protection of your co-workers.
AREAS COVERED BY THESE REGULATIONS
1. Limits on exposure to radiation and radioactive
material in restricted and unrestricted areas;
2. Measures to be taken after accidental exposure;
3. Personnel monitoring, surveys and equipment;
4. Caution signs, labels, and safety interlock
5. Exposure records and reports;
6. Option for workers regarding the Department’s
7. Related matters.
REPORTS ON YOUR RADIATION EXPOSURE
1. The Department’s Regulations require that your
employer give you a written report if you receive
an exposure in excess of any applicable limit as
set forth in the Regulations or in the license. The
basic limits for exposure to employees are set