This information sheet is for individuals who intend
wearing contact lenses as a novelty item or to change
the colour of their eyes without correcting their vision.
Contact lenses that have no optical power are referred to
as “plano” lenses.
Incorrect/Inappropriate use of contact lenses can lead
• Inflammation, redness of the white part of the eye, or
• Sore or watery eyes
• Swelling or sensitivity of the eye area
• Slipping or movement of the lens
• Dry eyes
• Impairment of vision
• Allergic reaction
If you experience any of the above problems, remove the
lenses IMMEDIATELY and contact a doctor or an eye care
Contact lenses are NOT suitable for everyone. If you suffer
from diabetes, corneal swelling, allergies, conjunctivitis
or other eye infections you should consult a doctor or
optometrist before wearing the lenses.
Failure to follow any of the following directions could
cause permanent damage to your eyes.
To eliminate the risk of almost all serious complications, it
is recommended that novelty and coloured contact lenses
be discarded after use as directed by the manufacturer.
Plano, Novelty Contact Lenses
Care and maintenance of lenses
• Always wash your hands thoroughly before handling
and cleaning contact lenses
• Plano lenses are to be discarded after use as directed by
• Should you use the lenses more than once, always
clean and disinfect them according to the cleaning
solution instructions after each occasion they are worn
• Always store your lenses in clean cases
• Never use tap water to clean or store lenses
• Always use the correct cleaning and storage disinfecting
• Ensure the cleaning solution being used is within the
expiry date. This solution is only effective for a limited
• Ensure you have clean and cut fingernails before inserting
• Always insert and remove your own lenses. Do not
let anyone else, except a doctor or optometrist, insert or