COLUMBUS MCKINNON CORPORATION
MONTHLY RETIREMENT BENEFIT PLAN
PROPOSED AMENDMENT NO. 7 OF THE 1998 PLAN RESTATEMENT
Columbus McKinnon Corporation (the "Company") hereby amends the Columbus McKinnon Corporation
Monthly Retirement Benefit Plan (the "Plan"), as amended and restated in its entirety effective April 1, 1998, and
as further amended by Amendment Nos. 1through 6, as permitted under Section 10.1 of the Plan, as follows:
1. Section 5.1, entitled "Commencement of Benefit", is amended effective January 1, 2003 by changing Section
5.1(a)(2) to read as follows:
"(2) TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT. THE PARTICIPANT HAS CEASED TO BE AN EMPLOYEE
(EXCEPT THAT AN EMPLOYEE WHO IS NOT A "5-PERCENT OWNER" WITHIN THE MEANING
OF SECTION 5.5(F)(4) MAY ELECT TO COMMENCE BENEFIT PAYMENTS ON OR AFTER APRIL
1ST OF THE CALENDAR YEAR FOLLOWING THE CALENDAR YEAR IN WHICH THE EMPLOYEE
ATTAINS AGE 70-1/2 WITHOUT CEASING TO BE AN EMPLOYEE)."
2. Section 5.1, entitled "Commencement of Benefit", is amended effective April 1, 2004 by changing Section 5.1
(c)(1)(B) to read as follows:
"(B) RETROACTIVE ANNUITY STARTING DATES. A PARTICIPANT SHALL NOT BE GIVEN THE
NOTICE DESCRIBED IN SECTION 5.2(D) AFTER HIS ANNUITY STARTING DATE EXCEPT AS
PERMITTED UNDER SECTION 5.9."
3. Section 5.5, entitled "Required Minimum Distributions" is amended effective January 1, 2003 to read as
"5.5 REQUIRED MINIMUM DISTRIBUTIONS.
(A) GENERAL RULES.
(1) EFFECTIVE DATE. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION 5.5 SHALL APPLY FOR PURPOSES
OF DETERMINING REQUIRED MINIMUM DISTRIBUTIONS FOR CALENDAR YEARS
BEGINNING WITH THE 2003 CALENDAR YEAR.
(2) PRECEDENCE. THE REQUIREMENTS OF THIS SECTION 5.5 SHALL TAKE PRECEDENCE
OVER ANY INCONSISTENT PROVISIONS OF THE PLAN.
(3) REQUIREMENTS OF TREASURY REGULATIONS INCORPORATED. ALL DISTRIBUTIONS
REQUIRED UNDER THIS SECTION 5.5 SHALL BE DETERMINED AND MADE IN ACCORDANCE
WITH THE TREASURY REGULATIONS UNDER SECTION 401(A)(9) OF THE CODE.
(4) TEFRA SECTION 242(B)(2) ELECTIONS. NOTWITHSTANDING TH