Second Quarter 2003
Amendments to the CTS Corporation Salaried Employees' Pension Plan now known as the
CTS Corporation Pension Plan
Effective December 31, 2002, Section 1.1 of the Plan is amended in its entirety as follows:
Effective December 31, 2002, Section 1.4 is added to the Plan as follows:
Effective July 1, 2002, Section 6.14 of the Plan is hereby deleted in its entirety and the following is substituted in lieu thereof:
“1.1 Establishment of the Plan.
A. On August 13, 1957, CTS Corporation established a pension plan, which as amended from time to time, was
known as the “CTS Corporation Salaried Employees’ Pension Plan” (hereinafter referred to as the “Plan”).
B. The Company also maintained the CTS Corporation Retirement Plan as adopted by the Resistor Network Division
(the “Resistor Network Division Plan”) and the CTS Corporation Retirement Plan, as adopted by the Asheville Division,
Electromechanical Group (the “Asheville Division Plan”). The Resistor Network Division Plan and the Asheville Division
Plan were merged into the Plan as of December 31, 2002. The assets and liabilities of the Resistor Network Division Plan
and the Asheville Division Plan were transferred to and became part of this Plan at such time. The post-merger surviving
plan was renamed the CTS Corporation Pension Plan (the “Plan,” effective December 31, 2002), and applies to certain
salaried and hourly employees who satisfy the requirements for participation.
Effective as of the December 31, 2002 merger, the Plan document contains new Appendix C, which is the prior Resistor
Network Division Plan document and represents a complete set of provisions applicable to employees and participants to
which Appendix C applies. Also effective as of the December 31, 2002 merger, the Plan document contains a new
Appendix D, which is the prior Asheville Division Plan document and represents a complete set of provisions applicable