2005 INNOVATIONS AWARDS PROGRAM
Deadline: April 4, 2005
Be advised that CSG reserves the right to use or publish in other CSG products and services
the information that you provide in this Innovations Awards Program Application. If you object to
CSG potentially using or publishing the information contained in this application in other CSG
products and services, please advise us in a separate attachment to your program’s application.
1. Program Name - Voter Verification service
2. Administering Agency – Montana Secretary of State’s Office
3. Contact Person (Name and Title) – Audrey Hinman, Bureau Chief, Architecture and
Internet Services Bureau, Information Technology Services Division
4. Address – PO Box 200113, 101 N Rodney, Helena, MT 59620-0113
5. Telephone Number –406-444-1635
6. FAX Number – 406-444-2701
7. E-mail Address email@example.com
8. Web site Address – http://app.discoveringmontana.com/voterverify
Select “Try the Demo” button on the bottom, right corner to view the service in its
9. Please provide a two-sentence description of the program.
The national Help America Vote Act and Montana law requires citizens to present legal
identification at polling stations. Montana’s Voter Verification service allows voting
officials to verify the identity of voters, who forgot to bring identification to the polls,
immediately through the state’s driver record database.
10. How long has this program been operational (month and year)? Note: the program
must be between 9 months and 5 years old on May 1, 2005 to be considered.
The Voter Verification service went live on June 8, 2004.
11. Why was the program created? What problem[s] or issue[s] was it designed to
address? Indicate how the program applies to the “change driver” that you listed
The Voter Verification service is the first of its kind in the nation. As part of the national
Help America Vote Act (HAVA), citizens are required to pr