Instructions for Completing the Biweekly Schedule Form
A Schedule form must be completed by each employee assigned to a department that:
• Documents times on an in/out basis. In these departments, wild cards/swipe cards/or a similar
method to clock-in at the start and end of each day are used.
• Documents times on an elapsed basis AND who has the approval of his/her supervisor to
work flex hours.
- Flex hours are defined as those in which the total number of hours worked on any
day is other than 7.0, 7.5, or 8.0. The total weekly hours for such employees are
other than 35.0, 37.5, or 40.0.
Because an employee’s official records will be kept according to this schedule, it is important
that it be accurate and up to date.
1. Please print your name. Ex: Doe, John A.
2. Enter your ID number. This can be found on your payroll stub in the upper left hand corner
below your name and address.
3. Print your department name and, if known, your department number code.
4. Enter a campus number where we can reach you during working hours.
5. Check the appropriate way in which you currently report your time.
Flex-Elapsed: Schedules that reflect actual work hours, i.e. 9.0 hours, 8.5 hours, etc, without
start and end times.
In & Out: Schedules that reflect a start and end time, i.e. start time 7:00 am, end time 4:30
pm. In & Out schedules are almost exclusively used by employees who are required to use a
wild card, swipe card, or a similar method to clock-in at the start and end of each day.
6. In the grid box:
• Column ‘Start Time’: enter the exact time you are expected to begin work, i.e. 8:30 am
• Column ‘Lunch’: enter the amount of time you are expected to take for a meal break, i.e. 1
• Column ‘End Time’: enter the exact time you are expected to finish work for the day, i.e.
>> Write “None” on any day or half day you do not work<<
• Column ‘Total Hours’: For each day, sum the number of hours between the ‘Start Time’ and
‘End Time’ and