© COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA, 2008
1121i (Design date 10/08) - Page 1
About this form
This information form lists the skilled occupations which are
acceptable for permanent and temporary skilled migration to
Australia under 2 separate categories:
• General Skilled Migration; and
• the Employer Nomination Scheme.
Occupations are listed alphabetically in accordance with the
first 4 major occupational groups in the Australian Standard
Classification of Occupations (ASCO) dictionary:
• Managers and Administrators;
• Associate Professionals; and
• Tradespersons and Related Workers.
The ASCO dictionary is available from the Australian Bureau
of Statistics website www.abs.gov.au
For each occupation the list shows:
• the name of the occupation;
• the ASCO code of the occupation;
• the relevant skills/qualifications assessing authority for the
• whether the occupation is included on the SOL for General
Skilled Migration, (Y for yes, N for no);
• the number of points for skill allocated for the occupation
in the points test (General Skilled Migration only); and
• whether the occupation is on the ENSOL the Employer
Nomination Scheme (Y for yes, N for no).
General Skilled Migration
Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
If you intend to apply under General Skilled Migration you
must have a nominated occupation which is on the SOL at
the time you apply.
Offshore General Skilled – (a General Skilled Migration
visa which can only be granted while you are outside
Australia) at the time you lodge your application you must
provide evidence that you have obtained an assessment from
a relevant assessing authority that your skills are suitable for
your nominated occupation.
Onshore General Skilled – (a General Skilled Migration
visa which can only be granted while you are in Australia) you
must make a declaration that you have applied for a skills
assessment from a relevant assessing authority for your
nominated occupation at the time you lodge your application.
For further information on the requirements for Gene