Benihana Japanese Fried Rice
Yield: 1 Servings
4 c converted or,Cooked
-parboiled rice,(1 cup unco
1 c frozen peas,thawed
2 T carrot,Finely Grated
1/2 c diced onion,(1/2 small
1 1/2 T butter
2 T soy sauce
1. Cook rice following instructions on package (Bring 2 cups water to a boil, add
rice and a dash of salt, reduce heat and simmer in covered saucepan for 20
minutes). Pour rice into a large bowl to let it cool in the refrigerator.
2. Scramble the eggs in a small pan over medium heat. Separate the scrambled
chunks of egg into small pea-size bits while cooking.
3. When rice has cooled to near room temperature, add peas, grated carrot,
scrambled egg and diced onion to the bowl. Carefully toss all of the ingredients
4. Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter in a large frying pan over medium/high heat.
5. When butter has completely melted, dump the bowl of rice and other
ingredients into the pan and add soy sauce plus a dash of salt and pepper.
Cook rice for 6-8 minutes over heat, stirring often. Serves 4.