ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN II
Assists in conducting field surveys, construction staking, traversing, leveling and gathering
topographic information as it relates to the design and construction of public works projects.
Performs office and field engineering tasks to support engineering division activities.
REPRESENTATIVE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Note – This list is
intended only to illustrate the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of
specific statements does not exclude them from the position.)
Update/field verify valve pages. Field measure and draw up valve page using AUTOCAD.
Distribute valve page copies to Engineering and Utility personnel.
Update and Revise sewer and water system mapping using AutoCAD 14 cogo base map. Print
out and distribute revised maps to city personnel.
May perform inspections of utility and street construction projects. Ensures city and W.S.D.O.T.
construction standards are enforced. Inspect and documents contractor’s work and reports to
Assists city surveyor in conducting field surveys .Operates various equipment providing
surveying support for design and construction.
CAD drafting for capital projects, city design standards and other related drafting tasks.
Performs miscellaneous office duties as assigned.
– Regular attendance is an essential requirement
– Performs related work as assigned and/or required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Entry Requirements)
• Construction survey terminology and design principles.
Basic Civil Engineering practices and principles; surveying equipment and setup.
• Working knowledge of APWA, MUTCD, WSDOT, contract procedures, job-site safety
requirements, traffic control requirements.
• Civil Engineering design/drafting standards.
• Public works inspection/documentation.
• AutoCAD 14.
• Documenting sewer/water design projects in GIS records.