20 Amazing Facts
About Voting in the USA
by Angry Girl - Nightweed.com
Did you know....
1. 80% of all votes in America are counted by only
two companies: Diebold and ES&S. http://www.onlinejournal.com/
2. There is no federal agency with regulatory
authority or oversight of the U.S. voting machine
industry. http://www.commondreams.org/views02/0916-04.htm http://www.onlinejournal.com/
3. The vice-president of Diebold and the
president of ES&S are brothers. http://www.americanfreepress.net/
4. The chairman and CEO of Diebold is a major
Bush campaign organizer and donor who wrote
in 2003 that he was “committed to helping Ohio
deliver its electoral votes to the president next
year.” http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/07/28/sunday/main632436.shtml http://www.wishtv.
5. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel used to be
chairman of ES&S. He became Senator based on
votes counted by ES&S machines. http://www.motherjones.
6. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, long-
connected with the Bush family, was recently
caught lying about his ownership of ES&S by
the Senate Ethics Committee. http://www.blackboxvoting.com/modules.
php?name=News&fi le=article&sid=26 http://www.hillnews.com/news/012903/hagel.aspx http://www.
7. Senator Chuck Hagel was on a short list of
George W. Bush’s vice-presidential candidates.
8. ES&S is the largest voting machine
manufacturer in the U.S. and counts almost 60%
of all U.S. votes. http://www.essvote.com/HTML/about/about.html http://www.