2217 E Tudor Rd., Suite 4 Anchorage, AK 99507 TEL:(907) 563-2599
ATLA is a public non-profit 501(c) 3 agency which provides assistive technology solutions to Alaskans with disabilities
WEB: atlaak.org | FAX: (907) 563-0699 | TOLL: (800) 723 – ATLA | TTY: (907) 561-2592
Open Date: 8/30/10
Close Date: 9/10/10
Position Title: Administrative Assistant I
Position: Full-time 37.5 hours/week
Reports To: Assistant Director
Current Pay: $10 - $14 DOE
The Administrative Assistant I will provide administrative and office support to the general
organizational operations. Working under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director, this
position provides all necessary organizational support and is responsible for a variety of other
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 6 – 12 months secretarial and clerical experience.
• Typing ability of 40 wpm
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
• Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Self-directed and work independently with little supervision.
• Work well under pressure with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities.
• Must be able to report to work on time and on a daily basis.
• Maintain confidentiality and project a professional business image.
Knowledge and Experience
• Strong project management experience and coordination. Ability to organize and prioritize
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors,
and the public through the course of work.
• Knowledge of basic computer operations proficiency and ability to use office productivity
software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability and willingness to learn new technologies so as to efficiently meet the demands of