Service Repair Manual
E240, EL240 HYDRAULIC
Model: EL240 EXCAVATOR 4JF
Configuration: E240, EL240 HYDRAULIC EXCAVATORS 4JF00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3304 ENGINE
General Service Information
E180, EL180, E240, EL240, E240B, EL240B, E300 & EL300 EXCAVA
Media Number -SENR4826-00
Publication Date -01/09/1989
Date Updated -11/10/2001
SMCS - 7555-012
Prior to disassembly, make the following preparations.
The workbench must have solid structure and enough space to hold parts during work.
Prepare the supplies, maintenance material, and special tools shown in the previous section.
1. Do this disassembly wok in a clean and dust-free place. Put a rubber sheet or cloth on the
workbench to protect parts from scratches.
2. Use care in handling precision parts during work to avoid damage caused by striking other parts
or from being dropped. Use special care in handling the contact surfaces of seals such as an O-
ring, oil seal, etc., to avoid scratches.
3. Never strike or prize parts forcibly when they are held fast, to prevent damage, burring, oil
leakage or deteriorated performance. Use care and patience.
4. Protect parts from corrosion and dust when disassembly is interrupted for some time. Parts rust
easily due to moisture or dust when left disassembled.
E240, EL240 HYDRAULIC EXCAVATORS 4JF00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED...
1. Clean the carrier roller with kerosene.
2. Remove tapered plug (14) from cover (8).
3. Drain engine oil from the carrier roller.
4. Loosen bolt (6), and remove bolt (6), spring washer (7) and cover (8) from roller (4).
5. Remove O-ring (9) from cover (8).
6. Set shaft (1) in a vise, loosen bolts (15), and remove bolts (15), spring washers (16) and thrust
washers (10) from shaft (1).
7. Pull roller (4) out of shaft (1).
E240, EL240 HY