Last Updated: 12/1/06
X:\Department\Membership\Record_Maintenance\Mailing List—Purchases\List rental policies.doc
APA MAIL LIST RENTAL POLICIES
Please read these policies BEFORE placing your order.
1. APA’s mail list may be rented for:
Promotional materials for workshops, short courses, and graduate programs
relating to the planning field.
Promotional materials for publications related to the planning field.
Promotional materials for other products related to the planning field.
Announcements of job vacancies in the planning field.
2. APA’s mail list MAY NOT be rented for:
Promotional materials unrelated to the field of planning, unless permission is
granted by the Director of Marketing.
Surveys, unless permission is granted by the Director of Research.
3. All lists include contact name and preferred mailing address (home or work) only. Lists DO NOT include
the contacts’ phone, fax or email address.
4. All list orders MUST BE SUBMITTED IN WRITING AND INCLUDE A SAMPLE of the completed
promotional piece for which the list is to be used.
5. APA reserves the right not to rent its mailing list. APA must review and approve sample mailing pieces.
If there is a conflict with an APA sponsored program, the list will not be released. A 60-day blackout
period exists before/after our annual National Planning Conference. Please check the website
www.planning.org for conference dates.
6. Normal processing time for the list order is 5-7 business days from the receipt of the completed order
form, payment and sample piece. Rush service is available for an additional fee of $50. If requesting
preliminary counts, please allow two business days for a reply. We limit preliminary counts to four per
7. APA does not allow its lists to be copied in any format. This includes adding APA’s mail list information
to a database.
8. The NAME of the American Planning Association — or ANY part of APA/AICP CANNOT be included