Printed in USA
Copyright © 2007 Allison Transmission, Inc
Copyright © 2007 Allison Transmission, Inc.
This publication is revised periodically to include improvements,
new models, special tools, and procedures. A revision is indicated
by the date on the title page. Check with your Allison
Transmission service outlet for the currently applicable
publication. Additional copies of this publication may be
purchased from authorized Allison Transmission service outlets.
Look in your telephone directory under the heading of
Transmissions—Truck, Tractor, etc.
ELECTRONIC CONTROL UNIT AND DIAGNOSTIC DATA READER/TOOL
DISPLAYS AND BUTTON NAMES
Shift Selector, Allison DOC™ button, and display names are printed in bold capital letters—↑ (Up), ↓ (Down),
MODE, MONITOR, SELECT, etc.
Transmission range shifts are indicated by the letter or number on the shift selector, in bold text, followed by the
name of the range in parentheses—D (Drive), N (Neutral), etc.
References to diagnostic messages displayed are printed within double quotation marks (“OL,” “OK,” etc.).
The following trademarks are the property of the companies indicated:
• Allison DOC™ (Allison Diagnostic Optimized Connection Tool) is a trademark
of General Motors Corp.
• DEXRON® is a registered trademark of General Motors Corp.
• Biobor® JF is the registered trademark for a biological inhibitor manufactured by U.S. Borax
and Chemical Corporation.
• Loctite® is a registered trademark of the Loctite Corporation.
• Teflon® is a registered trademark of the DuPont Corporation.
• TranSyndTM is a trademark of Castrol, Ltd.
• Vespel® is a registered trademark of DuPont Corporation.
WARNINGS, CAUTIONS, AND NOTES
Three types of headings are used in this