Page 1 of 5
CIBC Electronic Access Agreement (2007)
Part A – General
1. Scope: This Agreement governs your use of Online Banking and Wealth Management Online, regardless of the technology you
use to access these online services.
2. Other Agreements: This Agreement must be read together with any other existing and future written agreements that you have
with us and any terms, conditions or disclaimers provided on our Web Site. For example, there are a variety of additional terms,
conditions and disclaimers in other agreements that govern your use of Accounts and Services. If there is a conflict between a term
in this Agreement and any other written agreement with us, the term of the other agreement will apply to the extent necessary to
resolve the conflict.
3. Changes: We may change Online Banking, Wealth Management Online, the Information Services, the Web Site or this Agreement at
any time. We will notify you of a change to this Agreement by posting a notice on our Web Site. Your use of Online Banking or Wealth
Management Online after we post the notice means that you agree to and accept this Agreement as amended. If you do not agree to a
change in this Agreement, you must immediately stop using Online Banking and Wealth Management Online.
Interpretation: Key terms in this Agreement are defined in Sections 21 and 36 below.
Part B – Passwords, Instructions and E-Mail
5. Passwords: You agree to keep your Passwords absolutely confidential; they are for your use alone. You will not tell anyone else
(including a close family member, a friend or any bank or public official) what your Password is. You must carefully select your
Passwords so that they cannot be easily guessed by anyone else. When choosing a Password, you must not use:
• Your name or a close relative’s name;
• Your birth date, year of birth, telephone number or address, or a close relative’s;
• Your Bank Card number or User ID;
• Your Account number or credit card number;
• A number on any ID card you keep w