Service Repair Manual
928Hz 930H Wheel Loader
Product: WHEEL LOADER
Model: 930H WHEEL LOADER FTD
Configuration: 928Hz 930H Wheel Loader FTD00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C6.6 Engine
Disassembly and Assembly
C6.6 Engines for Caterpillar Built Machines
Media Number -KENR6081-15
Publication Date -01/03/2014
Date Updated -04/03/2014
Pistons and Connecting Rods - Install
SMCS - 1225-012
Tool Part Number
Crankshaft Turning Tool
Engine Turning Tool
Piston Ring Compressor
E12 Torx Socket
(1) The Crankshaft Turning Tool is used on the front pulley.
(2) This Tool is used in the aperture for the electric starting motor.
Note: Either Tooling (A) can be used. Use the Tooling that is most suitable.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
928Hz 930H Wheel Loader FTD00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C6.6 Engine...
Discard all used Connecting Rod bolts.
1. If the connecting rod caps were temporarily installed, remove the connecting rod caps. If
necessary, thoroughly clean all the components.
2. Apply clean engine oil to the cylinder bore, piston rings, outer surface of the piston and the
bearing shells for the connecting rod.
Note: Install the bearing shells for the connecting rods dry when clearance checks are
performed. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Bearing Clearance - Check" for the
correct procedure. Apply clean engine oil to the bearing shells for the connecting rods
during final assembly.
Note: Ensure that the piston and the connecting rod assembly are installed in the correct
3. Use Tooling (A) to rotate the crankshaft until the crankshaft pin is at the bottom center
position. Lubricate the cr