For more information about The Foundry Company, visit www.newglobalfoundry.com October 2008
F A C T S H E E T: “The Foundry Company”
The Foundry Company
• AMD and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC) of Abu Dhabi have announced
the creation of a U.S.‐headquartered, leading‐edge semiconductor manufacturing company to
address growing demand for independent, leading‐edge foundry production capabilities.
• The new global company, to be temporarily called “The Foundry Company,” will serve this need
by combining advanced process technology, industry‐leading manufacturing facilities and
aggressive plans to expand its global capacity footprint.
• Doug Grose will relinquish his current role as AMD’s senior vice president of manufacturing
operations to become chief executive officer of The Foundry Company.
• Hector Ruiz will relinquish his current role as AMD’s executive chairman and chairman of the
board to become chairman of The Foundry Company.
• The Board of Directors of The Foundry Company will be equally divided between representatives
of AMD and ATIC.
A New Global Company
• Upon closing of the transaction, The Foundry Company will commence operations with
approximately 3,000 employees who will transition into the new company from AMD facilities in
Silicon Valley, New York, Dresden, and Austin. The new company’s principal headquarters will
be in Silicon Valley and its research and development and manufacturing leadership teams and
ecosystems will be based in New York, Dresden, and Austin.
• Dresden, Germany: With its award‐winning manufacturing lines at Fab 36 and Fab 38, a total
investment of more than $6 billion to date and 2,800 world‐class employees, Dresden, Germany
is the cornerstone of The Foundry Company’s manufacturing operations.
• Saratoga County, NY: The Foundry Company plans to begin construction of the first 300mm
semiconductor manufacturing facility designed for 32nm technologies at the Luther Forest
Technology Campus (LFTC) in Saratoga County, New