Specific Procurement Notice
Invitation for Pre-qualification for Consultancy Services for A Study
on Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA)
1. This Specific Procurement Notice follows the General Procurement
Notice for this Study which appeared in the United Nations
Development Business Issue No. 731 of 31st July 2008.
2. The African Union Commission (AUC), NEPAD Secretariat and the
African Development Bank (ADB) are jointly commissioning a Study
on a ‘Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa’ (PIDA).
The Study is jointly financed using funds managed by the ADB. The
ADB is the Executing Agency and is responsible for any consultancy
services contract related to the Study.
3. The objective of the Study is to enable African decision-makers to:
• Establish a strategic framework for the development of regional
and continental infrastructure for four separate sectors (Transport,
Energy, Information and Communication Technology and
Transboundary Water) based on a development vision, strategic
objectives and sector policies;
• Establish an infrastructure development programme articulated around
priorities and time horizons (short, medium and long term); and
• Prepare an implementation strategy and process including, in par-
ticular, a priority action plan.
4. Scope of the PIDA Study: The Study is a wide initiative which encom-
passes the four infrastructure sectors of Transport, Energy,
Information and Communication Technology
Transboundary Water. The Study will only cover the regional and
continental dimensions of these sectors and national dimensions of
whatever character (including but not exclusively, physical infrastruc-
tures, national policies, institutional and regulatory frameworks, tech-
nical norms and standards) will be considered only in so far as they
have an impact on, or may be affected by the regional and continen-
tal dimensions. The outputs of the study will include the Strategic
Objectives and Sector Policies in each of the infrastructure sectors