and includes a Performing Arts Center
(PAC), choir and band rooms, and
several career pathways classrooms,
along with a portion of the library.
Roofing on the Pathways
building is nearly complete and
the siding and exterior block are in
place. The catwalk has also been
installed. The concrete floor in the
seating area of the PAC is being formed
and insulation and sheetrock are being installed in the east wing of the
Students and staff will use the new Pathways building while the second building is
constructed during Phase 2. During this phase, a major portion of the existing facility
will be torn down to make way for the new Student Success building. The main gym,
auxiliary gym, pool and the 300 and 500 hallways will still be in use until the second
building is complete.
www.clover par k .k12.w a.us • N ovember 2008
10903 Gravelly Lake Dr SW
Lakewood, WA 98499
Non Profit Org
Cl o ver P ark S C hool Di S tri C t
Celebrating 80 years of
educating Lakewood’s children
aerial view of Clover Park high School around
1941. The school was originally built in 1937 as an
addition to Clover Park Junior High School, which
was built in 1928.
The first CPSD board of directors was
made up of J.T.S. Lyle (Lyle passed away
in December 1941, and was replaced
by John Maas), Iva Alice Mann, Stanley
Lytle, Nellie Wootan, L.W. Doten and Mrs.
H.E. Liebe. Arthur Hudtloff was the first
DISTRICT EXPERIENCES SIGNIFICANT
Nineteen schools were built in the
district during the 1950s and 60s to
accommodate a huge jump in enrollment.
These included 12 elementary schools,
four junior high schools, one high school
and two special schools. Students in
grades seven through nine were moved
into the district’s new junior high schools
and Clover Park and Lakes High Schools
held 10th- through 12th-graders.
2008—CELEBRATING 80 YEARS
In 2006, CPSD passed a $65 million
bond, thanks to Lakewood voters. Bond
monies funded t