CME Test Questions
1. The goal BP for patients with diabetes or chronic kidney dis-
A. < 110/70 mm Hg
B. < 145/95 mm Hg
C. < 130/80 mm Hg
D. < 120/65 mm Hg
2. Based on clinical trial estimates, what percent of people with
hypertension can achieve their BP goals with monotherapy?
3. Combination therapy should be initiated in patients whose
A. > 15/5 mm Hg above goal
B. > 20/10 mm Hg above goal
C. > 25/15 mm Hg above goal
D. > 30/20 mm Hg above goal
4. Patients taking diuretics should be carefully observed for
which of the following?
A. Orthostatic hypotension
D. All of the above
5. The addition of a CCB to the RAS blocker/diuretic combina-
tion or a diuretic to the RAS blocker/CCB combination will help
achieve BP goal in what percent of patients?
the journal of medicine | december 2008 | volume 1 | issue 1
A Proposed Approach to Attaining Blood Pressure Goal
In order to obtain CME credit, participants are required to:
1. Read the learning objectives and article and complete the self-assessment test
2. Record test answers, complete the activity evaluation form, and complete the registration form
3. Send the activity evaluation form and registration form to:
Temple University School of Medicine, The Office of CME
3400 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19140
Rate the quality and effectiveness of each of the following:
Very High High Moderate Low Very Low
1. Extent to which the objectives of this educational activity were met.
2. Extent to which you are satisfied with the overall quality of this educational activity.
3. Extent to which the activity presented scientifically rigorous and balanced information.
4. Extent to which the author was free of commercial bias in his/her presentation.
Mark the appropriate response for the following:
Already know/apply concepts
5. Did this educational acti