DTE Energy Policy
OP10 Corporate Political Participation
February 22, 2008
This policy applies to all employees of DTE Energy and its subsidiaries.
1. DTE Energy is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and to
complying with all applicable laws.
2. As an energy company, we are affected each day by the decisions of
federal, state and local officials. DTE Energy is an active participant in
the political process and encourages its employees to participate in the
B. Corporate Contributions
1. DTE Energy may use corporate funds only for legally permissible
contributions to political organizations for initiatives that support the
goals and business objectives of the Company. Such contributions are
generally made only upon a specific request from such an organization.
2. DTE Energy will comply with all applicable laws governing its legally
permissible corporate contributions to political organizations.
3. Under no circumstances may any employee make a corporate
commitment of Company resources for a political contribution or
expenditure, either cash or non-cash, without the approval of the Vice
President, Corporate & Government Affairs. DTE Energy will not
reimburse any employee for a political contribution or expenditure.
C. Political Action Committee
1. We encourage our employees to become informed about the policy
matters affecting DTE Energy and to be involved in the political process.
DTE Energy facilitates this participation through the DTE Energy
Political Action Committee (PAC).
2. As prescribed in its bylaws, the DTE Energy PAC is required to comply
with all relevant laws governing its participation in the political process.
3. The DTE Energy PAC is funded by voluntary contributions from eligible
employees with lawful administrative support from DTE Energy.
4. DTE Energy PAC contributions are guided by a steering committee
comprised of PAC members