Classification Specification for Classified Service
Page 1 of 1
Title: Sales Manager 2
Pay Scale Group: 27
Under general supervision from a designated manager, supervises the daily selling, stocking and operational functions
of an assigned department/unit. Supervise student assistants.
1. Supervise associates engaged in ordering, stocking and selling merchandise and manage operations in a
specific department or unit. Supervisory duties include hiring, scheduling, training, coaching and evaluating.
2. Schedule and verify merchandise deliveries, receive and stock merchandise and/or prepare merchandise for
return to vendor.
3. Assist in proper signage, merchandise display, space allocation and with store/merchandise security issues.
4. Assist customers, operate cash register, resolve customer complaints and assist in store opening/closing as
5. Attend product knowledge training session and in turn train subordinate staff in product knowledge.
6. Perform related duties based on departmental need.
Unusual Working Conditions
• High school diploma or GED; at least one year retail experience which include cash register operations and
inventory control; at least six months supervisory experience.
Last updated May 2007
An affirmative action/equal opportunity institution