Service Repair Manual
323F and 323F LN Excavator
Model: 323F OEM EXCAVATOR RGP
Configuration: 323F LN Mobile Hydraulic Power Unit RGP00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C4.4 Engine
Disassembly and Assembly
C4.4 Engines for Caterpillar Built Machines
Media Number -UENR4516-11
Publication Date -01/06/2015
Date Updated -29/10/2018
Fuel Injection Pump Gear - Remove
SMCS - 1251-011
Tool Part Number Part Description Qty
Puller (Two Leg)
a. Remove the fuel injection pump. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Fuel Injection Pump
- Remove" for the correct procedure.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during
performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair
of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers
before opening any compartment or disassembling any component
323F LN Mobile Hydraulic Power Unit RGP00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY ...
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
1. Use a suitable tool in order to prevent fuel injection pump gear (3) from rotating. Ensure
that the gear is not damaged as nut (1) is loosened.
Note: Do not use timing pin for the fuel injection in order to prevent the fuel injection
pump gear from rotating.
2. Remove nut (1) and washer (2).
3. Use Tooling (A) in order to remove gear (3) from the shaft of fuel injection pump (7).
4. Remove key (6) from the shaft of fuel injection pump (7).
5. Remove bolts (9) and washers (8). Remove adapter plate (4) from fuel injection pump (7).
6. Remove O-ring seal (5).
Copyright 1993 - 2020 Caterpillar Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Private Network For SIS Licensees.
Sat Aug 15 13:2