DNA and Gene Chip
Market To Reach USD
11.25 Billion by 2027
www.reportsanddata.comDNA and Gene Chip market was estimated to hold a value of USD 11.25 Billion by the end of the forecast
frame in 2026 growing at a rate of 11.6%. DNA and Gene Chip refers to a type of microarray device which
hold a large number of DNA sequences (gene) attached to it so that gene expressions of large number of
samples could be studied simultaneously which was not previously possible.
Further Key Finding from the report:
• The market for DNA and Gene Chips is on a positive quadrant because of the ability of the microarrays to
analyze large number of DNA samples simultaneously which was not possible before. Now, the cost of using
microarrays have come down considerably making its application possible in unconventional arenas.
• Although in product segment, consumables comprise of a larger part of the market share it is found that the
instruments segment is growing at a swift rate at a CAGR of 11.7%. This can be attributed to the cost reduction
due to advanced technological progress and introduction of new instruments with high computational speed,
improving efficiency of microarray procedures. For example, Applied Micro Arrays announced the introduction
of advanced micro array scanners for its customers including laboratories and diagnostic centres.
• After North America, Europe hold the second largest share in this market. This can be reasoned by the
increasing technical knowledge, upward rise in investment and rise in prevalence of diseases like cancer.
DNA and Gene Chip Market Size – USD 4.67 Billion in 2020, Market Growth - CAGR of 11.6%, Market
Trends – Research and design and increasing investments
Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
• Oligonucleotide DNA (o-DNA)
• Complementary DNA (c-DNA)
End Use (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
• Academic & Government Research Institutes
• Hospitals & Diagnostics Centers