EBE Ensemble Requests Submissions of New One-Act Plays for Fourth Annual
Festival in New York
An award-winning New York based theater group seeks 3 to 6 new short plays to be fully produced
in Spring 2011 as a part of their fourth annual festival, Elephants on Parade 2011.
New York, NY, May 04, 2010 --(PR.com)-- EBE Ensemble (Eric Alba, Artistic Director; Montgomery
Sutton, Executive Director), is accepting submissions for their fourth annual new one-act play festival,
Elephants on Parade 2011.
The Interview by Nico Vreeland, a play from last year's Elephants on Parade, won “Best New Short
Script” in the 2009 New York Innovative Theater Awards (www.nyitawards.com). The 2010 festival
ran at Teatro IATI in the East Village, next door to La Mama, and Michael Roderick of BroadwayWorld
called the six plays “golden,” with “crisp and varied performances from a very talented group of young
actors” and a “talented new batch of directors.”
Between three and six plays will be selected for the festival, which will run for two or three weeks in
April 2011 in New York City. Selected playwrights will receive a small stipend, be invited to participate
in an audience talkback, and be featured in an online interview series surrounding the festival.
- One-Act plays, less than 25 minutes in length.
- Only electronic (emailed) submissions will be accepted.
- Playwrights may submit up to 2 plays for consideration. Both plays should be attached to the same
- Plays may not have received their New York premiere (though readings, workshops, non-professional
school productions, or productions outside of the New York metro area are allowed).
- Plays may have no more than 6 characters, and no more than 1 character may be outside of the ages of
In addition to the play, all submissions should include:
- Full contact information (email, phone, and mailing address) in the body of the email.
- A writing resume (any other artistic resumes may also be included) attached.
- A brief synopsis (less than