BYLAWS OF BB&T CORPORATION
1. Principal Office: The principal office of the corporation shall be located at 500 North Chestnut Street,
Lumberton, North Carolina.
2. Registered Office: The registered office of the corporation required by law to be maintained in the State of
North Carolina may be, but need not be, identical with the principal office.
3. Other Offices: The corporation may have offices at such other places, either within or without the State of
North Carolina, as the Board of Directors may from time to time determine, or as the affairs of the corporation
Meetings of Stockholders
1. Place of Meetings: All meetings of shareholders shall be held at the principal office of the corporation, or at
such other place, either within or without the State of North Carolina, as shall be designated in the notice of the
meeting or agreed upon by a majority of the shareholders entitled to vote thereat.
2. Annual Meetings: The annual meeting of the shareholders shall be held on the third Tuesday of April of each
year at such time of day as shall be designated by the Chief Executive Officer, President or Secretary for the
purpose of electing directors of the corporation and for such other business as may be properly brought before
3. Substitute Annual Meeting: If the annual meeting shall not be held on the day designated by these bylaws, a
substitute annual meeting may be called in accordance with the provisions of Section 4 of this Article. A meeting
so called shall be designated and treated for all purposes as the annual meeting.
4. Special Meetings: Special meetings of the shareholders may be called at any time by the Chief Executive
Officer, President, Secretary or Board of Directors of the corporation.
5. Notice of Meetings: Written or printed notice stating the time and place of the meeting shall be delivered not
less than ten nor more than fifty days before the date thereof, either personally or by mail, by o