Title of Position: Part-time Certified Professional Coder
Supervisor(s): Revenue Operations Supervisor and/or Designee
Department: Revenue Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt.
Positions Supervised: None
Pay Grade: Certified/Non-Certified Professional Coder
Last Revised: November 2009
We create the healthcare experience of choice…every time.
The Certified/Non-Certified Professional Coder codes and checks the coding of clinic and/or surgical procedures in addition to
training staff and physicians on correct coding. He/she also audits the charts to ensure providers are within compliance.
1. Respect: Recognize our differences as strengths affirming each other and valuing each other’s contributions.
2. Compassion: Listening, anticipating, being attentive and perspective shifting so others feel cared for and understood.
3. Accountability: Taking responsibility for our actions being trustworthy and demonstrating integrity.
4. Safety: Taking responsibility for myself and others to practice tools to ensure safety for all.
5. Teamwork: Healthcare is best delivered by a team working together, sharing unique talents, perspectives, ideas and efforts to
achieve our Vision.
6. Excellence: Implementing best practice, being creative, innovative and flexible, setting and achieving bold goals.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Monitors and/or reviews coding and batching.
2. Posts charges in PM System, if applicable.
3. Executes detailed chart audits performed on a quarterly basis in coordination with MPM compliance.
4. Reviews charges of physicians regarding patients when a procedure/office visit is charged.
5. Assists office staff with questions about accounts, referrals, ICD.9 and CPT coding. Reviews charts and applies appropriate
CPT Guidelines for global surgeries and use of modifiers.
6. Remains current on checking ICD.9 and CPT manuals for new and revised codes. Determines obsolete or poorly utilized