Service Repair Manual
335F LCR Excavator
Model: 335F LCR EXCAVATOR KNE
Configuration: 335F LCR Excavator KNE00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C7.1 Engine
Disassembly and Assembly
C7.1 Engines for Caterpillar Built Machines
Media Number -UENR4468-15
Publication Date -01/06/2015
Date Updated -30/10/2018
Rocker Shaft and Pushrod - Install
SMCS - 1102-012; 1208-012
Tool Part Number
Crankshaft Turning Tool
Engine Turning Tool
Engine Timing Pin
T40 Torx Socket
E10 Torx Socket
Rocker Arm Spacer
(1) The Crankshaft Turning Tool is used on the front pulley.
(2) This Tool is used in the aperture for the electric starting motor.
Note: Either Tooling (A) can be used. Use the Tooling that is most suitable.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
335F LCR Excavator KNE00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C7.1 Engine(SEB...
The correct location of valve bridges on valve stems is shown.
1. Engines that have valve bridge clips (9) originally installed on valve bridges (5). Remove the valve
bridge clips from the valve bridges.
2. Clean valve bridges (5). Inspect the valve bridges for wear and damage. Replace any valve bridges
that are worn or damaged.
3. Install Tooling (F) onto valve bridges (5).
4. Lubricate valve bridges (5) with clean engine oil.
Failure to ensure that ALL valve bridges are correctly seated onto the
valve stems will cause interference between the pistons and the valves,
resulting in damage to the engine.
5. Install valve bridges (5) to the valve stems. Ensure that valve bridge clips (9) are correctly located.
Note: Install used