Undergraduate Admission Requirements
For International Students
To be considered for undergraduate admission to a Lakeland College, an international applicant
1. Official transcript of your high school studies and/or of college studies (all post secondary
education). If you have at least one year of full-time college studies, your high school transcript
is not required. If the documents are written in a language other than English, complete
and certified true English translations must be furnished together with the official
documents in that language. Photocopies or other copies must be certified true. All
academic transcripts must be signed by the appropriate school or government official and must
include the seal of the school or the government.
2. Minimum 500 on the Paper-Based TOEFL, 173 on the Computer-Based TOEFL or 61 on the
Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) is required. The test must have been taken within the previous
two years. If your TOEFL score is not up to the minimum, or if you don’t have a TOEFL score,
you may apply for admission to the Lakeland College English Language Institute (ELI).
Lakeland College’s code is 1393. IELTS scores of 6, satisfactory O-Level or A Level results
could replace the TOEFL requirement.
3. A check or money order of U.S. $20.00 to pay for the mandatory application fee. The check or
money order must be made payable to Lakeland College.
4. International Student Certification of Finances: Your application must be accompanied by
certification that sufficient funds will be available to meet both your living and tuition expenses
while attending Lakeland College. Refer to the Confidential Financial Certification (pink
sheet) for details.
5. Your most recent photo (37mm x 37mm).
6. If you are currently in the U.S, please enclose (a) a copy of your passport and visa page(s), (b)
a copy of your I-94 Card, and/or (c) a copy of your current I-20 or IAP66.
Your application for admission and supporting credentials should be filed as